Subject: Re: Help! Toaser & Monitor
From: videoman
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 1994 14:48:48 -0700 (PDT)

> Problem 1: I have a Sony Superfine pitch model CPD-1302 SVGA Monitor that I
>            would like to use as the priview/program monitor. I can't get
>            it to sync down and work right on that monitor. When I hook up
>            a 1084 in RGB mode it works fine. I read the user guides and it
>            said to hook up a RGB monitor if possible, but it didnt mention
>            how to get the VGA monitor to work. Will a SVGA monitor work
>            and if so, HOW ?

Nope, it's not going to work, the toaster wants to be in NTSC and the 
SVGA (or VGA for that mater) does not sync that low. Some muti-sync's do, 
but fewer and fewer will go that low. best bet is to use your 1084.  

> 
> Problem 2: I just bought a MAXTOR 7546AT/IDE harddrive for my A4000
>            When I used the harddrive setup utility in workbench
>            It computed the total cylinders at 16 heads X 63 = 1008
>            and the capacity ends up being somewhere around 520 Meg
>            I lost 20 meg. If anyone else is using this type of drive
>            on your 4000 can you tell me how you resolved the problem.

You always lose space when you format a drive, my 240 meg Quantum did not 
have 240 megs after it was formated, my 80 meg didn't have 80 megs. It's 
just that the bigger the drive, the more you notice how much is "used" in 
formating.> 

-- 
-== When Dreams Become Reality ==-                        -= IM Design=-
       [email-masked]                               Video Production
     [email-masked]                             3D Graphics & DTP